Aluminum can be divided into nine categories, also called nine series according to metal elements contained, the following step by step Introduction：
- The 1000 series:among them,1050 1060 1070 are the represent ones. 1000 series is also known as pure aluminum, which has the highest aluminum content in this series.the aluminum purity can reach more than 99.00%. the production is much easier because of no other metal elements.also,the price is cheaper, it is currently the most commonly series in general industries.
According to the international standard,we can see the min aluminum content according to the last two number,for example:the last two numbers of 1050 is 50, so,the well qualified aluminum content must be above 99.5%. same for 1060,that aluminum content must reach 99.6%.
2. 2000 series: among them,2A16 (LY16) 2A06 (LY6) are the represent ones, the featured characterize is high hardness, of which the highest content is origin copper origin, about 3-5%.2000 series aluminum is widely applicated in aviation, it is not commonly used in general industries. There are less aluminum 2000 manufacturers in china,The quality also not as good as foreign companies. Currently imported from South Korea and German manufacturers.
3. 3000 series:among them,3003 3004 3A21 are the represent ones,Also known as rust-proof aluminum,3000 series aluminum production tech is excellent.manganese is a key composion of the 3000 series. it Is a good anti-rust series.widely applicated in air conditioners, refrigerators, car bottom and other humid environment, the price is higher than the 1000 series, it is a more commonly used alloy series.
4. 4000 series:among them, 4A01 is the represent one,higher silicon content in this series,generally reaches between 4.5-6.0%,Aluminum 4000 Is a kind of building materials, machinery parts, forging materials, welding materials; low melting point, good corrosion resistance,with heat, wear-resistant properties
5. 5000 series:among them,5052.5005.5083.5754.5A05 are the represents.5000 series aluminum is the more commonly used series of aluminum alloy, the main element is magnesium, which reaches 3-5%. it is also known as aluminum-magnesium alloy. The main features is low density, high tensile strength,the weight of aluminum-magnesium alloy generally is less than other series. Aluminum 5000 is commonly used in aviation, such as aircraft fuel tank.also In the conventional industries, in china,this is also one of the more mature series of aluminum plate.
6. 6000 series:among them,6061,6063,6082 is the represent.mainly contains magnesium and silicon,it has the both advantages of the 4000 series and the 5000 series.
6061 is a cold forged aluminum forging products, suitable for applications that require high corrosion resistance and high oxidation resistance. good to use, easy coating, good workability. Can be used on low-pressure weapons and aircraft joints.
Characteristics of the 6061: excellent interface characteristics, easy coating, high strength, good usability, strong corrosion resistance.
Typical Applications: Aircraft Parts, Camera Parts, Couplings, Marine Parts and Hardware, Electronic Parts and Fittings, Decorative or Various Hardware, Hinge Heads, Heads, Brake Pistons, Hydraulic Pistons, Electrical Parts, Valves and Valve Parts .
7. 7000 series:among them,7075 is the represent,mainly contains zinc meterial. Also belong to the aviation series, is the magnesium-zinc-copper alloy, is a heat-treatable alloy, is super-hard aluminum alloy, has good wear resistance .Aluminum 7075 will not deformed even after processing.
All extra thick 7075 aluminum is detected by ultrasonic, to ensure no trachoma, impurities. 7075 aluminum has good thermal conductivity, can shorten the molding time, improve work efficiency.
7075 is a kind of high hardness, high strength aluminum alloy, commonly used in the manufacture of aircraft structures and futures. It requires high strength, high corrosion resistance of high-stress structural parts, mold manufacturing. But at present, most 7075 in china relies on imports
8. 8000 series and 9000 series: this two aluminum grades are not commonly used